cleveref Error:! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000]












1















If I use cleveref tool, I get the following error:



! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].



To totally understand the issue, I give you complete original tex code: as:



RequirePackage{fix-cm}


%
documentclass[smallextended]{svjour3} % onecolumn (standard format)
smartqed % flush right qed marks, e.g. at end of proof
usepackage{amsmath} % for boldsymbol macro
usepackage{bm} % for bm macro
usepackage[numbers,sort&compress]{natbib}
usepackage{booktabs,makecell,tabularx}
usepackage{commath}
usepackage{amssymb}
usepackage{multirow,caption}
usepackage{subfig}
usepackage{graphicx}
usepackage{hyperref}
usepackage{cleveref}


begin{document}

title{12234}

author{abcde}

%authorrunning{Short form of author list} % if too long for running head

institute{Zasdasdas % \
% emph{Present address:} of F. Author % if needed
}

maketitle

begin{abstract}
1232445345
end{abstract}

section{Introduction}

%%%
12312343
%%%
end{document}
% end of file template.tex









share|improve this question





























    1















    If I use cleveref tool, I get the following error:



    ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].



    To totally understand the issue, I give you complete original tex code: as:



    RequirePackage{fix-cm}


    %
    documentclass[smallextended]{svjour3} % onecolumn (standard format)
    smartqed % flush right qed marks, e.g. at end of proof
    usepackage{amsmath} % for boldsymbol macro
    usepackage{bm} % for bm macro
    usepackage[numbers,sort&compress]{natbib}
    usepackage{booktabs,makecell,tabularx}
    usepackage{commath}
    usepackage{amssymb}
    usepackage{multirow,caption}
    usepackage{subfig}
    usepackage{graphicx}
    usepackage{hyperref}
    usepackage{cleveref}


    begin{document}

    title{12234}

    author{abcde}

    %authorrunning{Short form of author list} % if too long for running head

    institute{Zasdasdas % \
    % emph{Present address:} of F. Author % if needed
    }

    maketitle

    begin{abstract}
    1232445345
    end{abstract}

    section{Introduction}

    %%%
    12312343
    %%%
    end{document}
    % end of file template.tex









    share|improve this question



























      1












      1








      1


      1






      If I use cleveref tool, I get the following error:



      ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].



      To totally understand the issue, I give you complete original tex code: as:



      RequirePackage{fix-cm}


      %
      documentclass[smallextended]{svjour3} % onecolumn (standard format)
      smartqed % flush right qed marks, e.g. at end of proof
      usepackage{amsmath} % for boldsymbol macro
      usepackage{bm} % for bm macro
      usepackage[numbers,sort&compress]{natbib}
      usepackage{booktabs,makecell,tabularx}
      usepackage{commath}
      usepackage{amssymb}
      usepackage{multirow,caption}
      usepackage{subfig}
      usepackage{graphicx}
      usepackage{hyperref}
      usepackage{cleveref}


      begin{document}

      title{12234}

      author{abcde}

      %authorrunning{Short form of author list} % if too long for running head

      institute{Zasdasdas % \
      % emph{Present address:} of F. Author % if needed
      }

      maketitle

      begin{abstract}
      1232445345
      end{abstract}

      section{Introduction}

      %%%
      12312343
      %%%
      end{document}
      % end of file template.tex









      share|improve this question
















      If I use cleveref tool, I get the following error:



      ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].



      To totally understand the issue, I give you complete original tex code: as:



      RequirePackage{fix-cm}


      %
      documentclass[smallextended]{svjour3} % onecolumn (standard format)
      smartqed % flush right qed marks, e.g. at end of proof
      usepackage{amsmath} % for boldsymbol macro
      usepackage{bm} % for bm macro
      usepackage[numbers,sort&compress]{natbib}
      usepackage{booktabs,makecell,tabularx}
      usepackage{commath}
      usepackage{amssymb}
      usepackage{multirow,caption}
      usepackage{subfig}
      usepackage{graphicx}
      usepackage{hyperref}
      usepackage{cleveref}


      begin{document}

      title{12234}

      author{abcde}

      %authorrunning{Short form of author list} % if too long for running head

      institute{Zasdasdas % \
      % emph{Present address:} of F. Author % if needed
      }

      maketitle

      begin{abstract}
      1232445345
      end{abstract}

      section{Introduction}

      %%%
      12312343
      %%%
      end{document}
      % end of file template.tex






      pdftex






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited 2 hours ago







      ABCDEMMM

















      asked 2 hours ago









      ABCDEMMMABCDEMMM

      326




      326






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          The svjour3 class uses a low level command, which breaks with newer versions of the LaTeX kernel.



          You can solve the issue by calling the class with the envcountsect option. I'm afraid that without updating the class there is no sensible way to fix the problem.



          documentclass[
          smallextended,
          envcountsect,
          ]{svjour3} % onecolumn (standard format)
          usepackage{hyperref}
          usepackage{cleveref}

          smartqed % flush right qed marks, e.g. at end of proof

          begin{document}

          title{12234}

          author{abcde}

          authorrunning{Short form of author list} % if too long for running head

          institute{Zasdasdas % \
          % emph{Present address:} of F. Author % if needed
          }

          maketitle

          begin{abstract}
          1232445345
          end{abstract}

          section{Introduction}

          %%%
          12312343
          %%%
          end{document}


          I removed all packages that are unnecessary to reproduce the issue.






          share|improve this answer
























          • it is now solved!

            – ABCDEMMM
            1 hour ago











          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function() {
          var channelOptions = {
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "85"
          };
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function() {
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled) {
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function() {
          createEditor();
          });
          }
          else {
          createEditor();
          }
          });

          function createEditor() {
          StackExchange.prepareEditor({
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: false,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: null,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader: {
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          },
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          });


          }
          });














          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function () {
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f478321%2fcleveref-error-tex-capacity-exceeded-sorry-input-stack-size-5000%23new-answer', 'question_page');
          }
          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes









          1














          The svjour3 class uses a low level command, which breaks with newer versions of the LaTeX kernel.



          You can solve the issue by calling the class with the envcountsect option. I'm afraid that without updating the class there is no sensible way to fix the problem.



          documentclass[
          smallextended,
          envcountsect,
          ]{svjour3} % onecolumn (standard format)
          usepackage{hyperref}
          usepackage{cleveref}

          smartqed % flush right qed marks, e.g. at end of proof

          begin{document}

          title{12234}

          author{abcde}

          authorrunning{Short form of author list} % if too long for running head

          institute{Zasdasdas % \
          % emph{Present address:} of F. Author % if needed
          }

          maketitle

          begin{abstract}
          1232445345
          end{abstract}

          section{Introduction}

          %%%
          12312343
          %%%
          end{document}


          I removed all packages that are unnecessary to reproduce the issue.






          share|improve this answer
























          • it is now solved!

            – ABCDEMMM
            1 hour ago
















          1














          The svjour3 class uses a low level command, which breaks with newer versions of the LaTeX kernel.



          You can solve the issue by calling the class with the envcountsect option. I'm afraid that without updating the class there is no sensible way to fix the problem.



          documentclass[
          smallextended,
          envcountsect,
          ]{svjour3} % onecolumn (standard format)
          usepackage{hyperref}
          usepackage{cleveref}

          smartqed % flush right qed marks, e.g. at end of proof

          begin{document}

          title{12234}

          author{abcde}

          authorrunning{Short form of author list} % if too long for running head

          institute{Zasdasdas % \
          % emph{Present address:} of F. Author % if needed
          }

          maketitle

          begin{abstract}
          1232445345
          end{abstract}

          section{Introduction}

          %%%
          12312343
          %%%
          end{document}


          I removed all packages that are unnecessary to reproduce the issue.






          share|improve this answer
























          • it is now solved!

            – ABCDEMMM
            1 hour ago














          1












          1








          1







          The svjour3 class uses a low level command, which breaks with newer versions of the LaTeX kernel.



          You can solve the issue by calling the class with the envcountsect option. I'm afraid that without updating the class there is no sensible way to fix the problem.



          documentclass[
          smallextended,
          envcountsect,
          ]{svjour3} % onecolumn (standard format)
          usepackage{hyperref}
          usepackage{cleveref}

          smartqed % flush right qed marks, e.g. at end of proof

          begin{document}

          title{12234}

          author{abcde}

          authorrunning{Short form of author list} % if too long for running head

          institute{Zasdasdas % \
          % emph{Present address:} of F. Author % if needed
          }

          maketitle

          begin{abstract}
          1232445345
          end{abstract}

          section{Introduction}

          %%%
          12312343
          %%%
          end{document}


          I removed all packages that are unnecessary to reproduce the issue.






          share|improve this answer













          The svjour3 class uses a low level command, which breaks with newer versions of the LaTeX kernel.



          You can solve the issue by calling the class with the envcountsect option. I'm afraid that without updating the class there is no sensible way to fix the problem.



          documentclass[
          smallextended,
          envcountsect,
          ]{svjour3} % onecolumn (standard format)
          usepackage{hyperref}
          usepackage{cleveref}

          smartqed % flush right qed marks, e.g. at end of proof

          begin{document}

          title{12234}

          author{abcde}

          authorrunning{Short form of author list} % if too long for running head

          institute{Zasdasdas % \
          % emph{Present address:} of F. Author % if needed
          }

          maketitle

          begin{abstract}
          1232445345
          end{abstract}

          section{Introduction}

          %%%
          12312343
          %%%
          end{document}


          I removed all packages that are unnecessary to reproduce the issue.







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered 1 hour ago









          egregegreg

          724k8819183223




          724k8819183223













          • it is now solved!

            – ABCDEMMM
            1 hour ago



















          • it is now solved!

            – ABCDEMMM
            1 hour ago

















          it is now solved!

          – ABCDEMMM
          1 hour ago





          it is now solved!

          – ABCDEMMM
          1 hour ago


















          draft saved

          draft discarded




















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid



          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.


          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function () {
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f478321%2fcleveref-error-tex-capacity-exceeded-sorry-input-stack-size-5000%23new-answer', 'question_page');
          }
          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Futebolista

          Jornalista

          F# list compare